It was a play that probably most don’t remember, but a few days later, it’s in the minds of the Steelers as one that came across really, really cheap.
After the Ravens scored their only TD of the game, Ravens offensive guard Chris Chester went after James Harrison on an extra point, pushing him over and then some tempers flared before things calmed back down.
Chester pushed down Harrison, and that’s odd as Chester fired out on the play, a move that O-linemen are not taught to do on extra points or field goals.
“Of course, it was deliberate,” Harrison said Wednesday. “There’s no way that happens on an extra point because [offensive linemen] don’t shoot out. It’s obvious it was blatant. It was on purpose. It’s cheap, but, when it comes down to it, it’s only a 5-yard penalty, they move back to the 7 and re-kick. It’s not going to hurt them.”
“It was a dirty play,” said inside linebacker James Farrior.
So now the Ravens are sinking to the level of going after Steeler players on extra points? One has to wonder if this will ever end, as not only are the refs after Harrison, but it seems that other teams are now officially after him too.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on