Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said it’s better than not being on any list at all. Ward and Steelers linebacker James Harrison are among the 50 dirtiest players in sports history, according to a list compiled by the website Complex.com. Ward is 28th and Harrison is 31st.
Ward, one of the NFL’s most physical players despite playing on offense, is cited for a 2008 hit that broke Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers’ jaw. Harrison has been fined four times this season for various hits.
No. 1 is former NHL player Marty McSorley, who was suspended for a year for hitting forward Donald Brashear in the head with his stick. McSorley never played in the league again. Former Penguins defenseman Ulf Samuelsson is No. 6. Twenty-three active athletes are on the list.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on