Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said it’s better than not being on any list at all. Ward and Steelers linebacker James Harrison are among the 50 dirtiest players in sports history, according to a list compiled by the website Complex.com. Ward is 28th and Harrison is 31st.
Ward, one of the NFL’s most physical players despite playing on offense, is cited for a 2008 hit that broke Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers’ jaw. Harrison has been fined four times this season for various hits.
No. 1 is former NHL player Marty McSorley, who was suspended for a year for hitting forward Donald Brashear in the head with his stick. McSorley never played in the league again. Former Penguins defenseman Ulf Samuelsson is No. 6. Twenty-three active athletes are on the list.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on