While Steeler fans will go to sleep upset over a Sunday loss to the Jets, take notice that the team is officially going to be playing past January 2nd, their final regular season game of 2010 in Cleveland.
Yes, the Steelers have clinched at worst a wild card birth in the AFC, this after they were told after the game that they have clinched due to strength of victory.
Of course the Steelers are looking for so much more instead of just a wild card. If the Steelers can top the 2-12 Panthers Thursday and at Heinz Field and then win in Cleveland against the slumping Browns on January 2nd, they would win the division over the Ravens based on a better division record (5-1 vs. 4-2).
Then, because the there are no teams in either the AFC South or the AFC West with fewer than five losses already, the Steelers would finish as the #2 seed in the conference and get a first-round bye, playing their first home game at Heinz Field on either January 15th or 16th.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on