The tone of Mike Tomlin’s presser today leads one to believe that despite the importance of Sunday’s game isn’t going to heal safety Troy Polamalu enough for him to take the field in Cleveland. Or at least the coach won’t know for sure till Friday.
Tomlin said today that Polamalu won’t practice tomorrow or Thursday, and if he can’t take the practice field Friday, he will miss the game that could clinch or cost the Steelers the AFC North title and the #2 seed in the AFC.
Polamalu is still suffering from an injured right Achilles’ tendon and hasn’t played or practiced for two weeks.
Other injured Steelers include running back Mewelde Moore with sprained right knee. He is listed as questionable. Linebackers LaMarr Woodley and Jason Worilds also have swelling in the knee, and cornerback Bryant McFadden has a hip injury.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on