After two quarters at Heinz Field, the Steelers have dominated the New York Jets, who looked shell-shocked trailing 24-3. The Steelers scored 7 in the first quarter, 17 in the second, and the Jets only points came in the final seconds of the half on a 42-yard field goal that just got in the uprights from Nick Folk.
The numbers in the game clearly speaks for itself. The Steelers have outgained the Jets 231 to 50, have 16 first downs to 5 for the Jets, and have rushed for 135 yards to just 1 for New York.
Rashard Mendenhall has run for 95 yards on 17 carries, and have held the ball for 21:04 to 8:56 for New York. The Jets are a tired team, and if the Steelers can keep doing what they are doing, there’s no doubt that they are headed for a showdown with the Packers in two weeks.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on