NFL.com Steve Wyche reports that the Steelers were on hand for the workout of Ohio State DE Cam Heyward, a guy that could be on their short list should he fall come late April in the draft.
Defensive end Cam Heyward, who had Tommy John surgery in January, had his makeup workout at Ohio State on Wednesday in front of an NFL contingent that included representatives from 3-4 defensive schemers Pittsburgh and San Diego.
A source at the workout said Heyward weighed 295 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash in a slow 4.95-4.96 range (wouldn’t have made the top 15 at the combine) and had a 35-inch vertical jump (would have been sixth-best mark at combine). Heyward did not bench. He has been cleared for the activity medically, but hasn’t trained for it. He did, however, take part in all the field drills.
Among those in attendance were Chargers general manager A.J. Smith, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on