It’s kind of sad to see Willie Parker beg the Steelers to “resign 39,” and encourage fans to do the same. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette writes that the Steelers are not going to bring the veteran free agent back.
The Steelers did bring back a handful of their former players last season through free agency and one trade, but that won’t happen with Fast Willie because at age 30 and because of some injuries, his strengths are not his strengths anymore. He will forever go down in their history for his accomplishments, including that record 75-yard run in Super Bowl XL.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on