It’s kind of sad to see Willie Parker beg the Steelers to “resign 39,” and encourage fans to do the same. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette writes that the Steelers are not going to bring the veteran free agent back.
The Steelers did bring back a handful of their former players last season through free agency and one trade, but that won’t happen with Fast Willie because at age 30 and because of some injuries, his strengths are not his strengths anymore. He will forever go down in their history for his accomplishments, including that record 75-yard run in Super Bowl XL.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on