Bush’s name popped up today in a piece at Yahoo Sports by Jason Cole. He has has been rumored to be on the way out of New Orleans since the team picked up Mark Ingram in the draft.
Cole wrote that back before the lockout, the Saints allowed Bush to try and explore a deal that would get him out of New Orleans and to a new team.
The Steelers, along with the Dolphins, Giants and Seahawks were names the piece brought up as teams that would have interest right away in Bush.
In 60 career games, Bush has rushed for just 2,090 yards and 17 touchdowns, and has just 106 carries in 22 games over the last two seasons.
Saints head coach Sean Payton uses the versatile Bush in a variety of ways, and the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner has caught 294 passes for 2,142 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his production has declined over the past four seasons as injuries have kept him from playing a full season.
So is Bush a fit with the Steelers? He would be an interesting fit to the mix with Rashard Mendenhall and Issac Redman, and if the team could get him for a decent price, it might make for a solid RB mix in 2011 and beyond.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on