Gerry Dulac of the Post-Gazette reports that QB Dennis Dixon may be the odd man out in Pittsburgh even though he signed his tender this week. Right now it appears that veteran Charlie Batch will get the No.3 quarterback job instead of Dixon.
Batch, 36, showed last season he could still be an effective backup, helping the Steelers to a 3-1 start when Roethlisberger was serving a four-game suspension. He also has a lower salary as Dixon is due $12 million. Batch is in his 14th NFL season. All four quarterbacks will remain on the roster through training camp to protect the team from injury.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on