The Steelers have announced the signings of cornerback Kevin Dockery and safety Macho Harris.
To make room on the roster, wide receiver Limas Sweed has been “Waived/Injured” and tight end Eugene Bright was waived from the physically unable to perform list.
A former undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State, the 5-foot-8, 188-pound Dockery has 171 tackles, four interceptions and 27 passes defensed during his five-year career with the New York Giants (2006-09) and St. Louis Rams (2010).
Harris was a 2009 fifth-round pick out of Virginia Tech by the Philadelphia Eagles. After starting eight games as a rookie, Harris was waived as part of the team’s final cuts before the 2010 regular season. Signed by the Washington Redskins in November, Harris dressed for three of the final games, including one start, and was credited with three tackles.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on