Steelers veteran wide receiver Hines Ward is “highly unlikely” to play Sunday at home against the Patriots, according to Albert Breer of NFL Network, who cites a league source.
Not a big loss, especially when you consider second-year wideouts Antonio Brown (7-102) and Emmanuel Sanders (5-46-1 TD) each were consistent targets for Big Ben last weekend in Arizona.
Ward is listed as “questionable” with an ankle injury on the team’s official injury report.
On the season, the former Bulldog has generated 26 receptions for 258 yards and two scores.
Last time: Here is the box score (’07 Week 4 at Arizona) of the last game missed by the four-time Pro Bowl Steeler staple at receiver.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on