The high ankle sprain will for sure cost Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey his chance to play Monday night against the 49ers, as the team has ruled him out of the critical contest.
As for QB Ben Roethlisberger, he made the trip to San Fran with the team, but is still very questionable with a high ankle sprain of his won.
Both players sustained their injuries in the second quarter of last Thursday’s 14-3 win over Cleveland. Doug Legursky will start in place of Pouncey; Roethlisberger was limited in practice Friday and Saturday, and if he can’t go, it will be Charlie Batch starting.
Safety Troy Polamalu (hamstring) was a full participant in Saturday’s practice and is listed as probable, as is right tackle Marcus Gilbert.
Wide receiver Emmanuel Saunders (right foot), outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) are also out; wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring), Ben (ankle), CB CBrown (knee) are questionable.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on