He didn’t practice all week, and since last week the Steelers were not able to take advantage of a chance to grab the one-seed in the AFC, the team this week will sit QB Ben Roethlisberger in place of Charlie Batch.
The team made the call today, deciding it would be better for Roethlisberger to sit against the Rams tomorrow in a 1pm game at Heniz Field. Roethlisberger was not happy with the call to sit in the teams 15th game of the year.
“Well, I think if you rest you obviously can hopefully improve and give yourself higher percentages,” Roethlisberger said. “But I like to be out there. I want to get the reps. Work on the little things that hopefully will get us ready for January.”
Center Maurkice Pouncey, running back Mewelde Moore, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders and defensive back Curtis Brown are all ruled out for game, and along with Roethlisberger, linebacker LaMarr Woodley is questionable.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on