Ray Rice – you had better watch out.
The Ravens back grabbed a loose ‘Terrible Towel’ at the end of the Ravens 13-10 win over the Steelers Sunday night, and was wearing it on his head. He also mocked the Steelers and their fans by singing Styx’s “Renegade,” the team’s unofficial rally song, while wearing the towel.
The actions didn’t go ignored by linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who took to Twitter to let Rice know that other opponents haven’t fared well after messing with the towel.
“Bad idea ray just ask lendale white and tj whosyourmama,” Bad idea ray just ask lendale white and tj whosyourmama,” Woodley tweeted along with a photo of Rice wearing the towel.
Great trash talk by Woodley, who is exactly right. Former Bengals WR TJ Houshmandzadeh shined his shoes with the towel in 2005, and a few weeks later the Steelers beat the Bengals in a playoff game.
Former Titans RB LenDale White did the same during a regular season game in 2008, and they were knocked out of the playoffs as the #1 seed by the Ravens before they could get that rematch with Pittsburgh.
All this talk is leading up to two weeks, when the two clubs meet again in Baltimore.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on