The Steelers may not only be getting their starting QB back Sunday, but they also may be getting some huge help on their offensive line.
The black and gold activated rookie guard David DeCastro, and he’s been added to the 53-man roster.
DeCastro was placed on the newly created injured reserve/designated to return list after a knee injury in Buffalo on the awful turf there in the third preseason game.
He was eligible to return after eight weeks but did not begin practicing until last week.
The roster moves didn’t stop there, as the Steelers also re-signed offensive lineman John Malecki, placed offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert on injured reserve and released wide receiver David Gilreath.
Gilbert hasn’t played since October 11th when he left during the loss to the Titans with an ankle injury. It will not require surgery.
Gilreath could wind up on the Steelers practice squad.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on