For those counting down the days until tight end Heath Miller is back on the field – don’t hold your breath.
Miller told the Tribune-Review that he still has no idea when he will be able to put on a helmet and take the field.
“I’m hoping sooner rather than later, I wish I knew the answer, but I don’t,” Miller said.
Miller is now even a bigger need on offense after tight end Matt Spaeth had to have surgery on his foot which will put him on the sidelines eight to 10 weeks.
Last season Miller hauled in 71 catches for 816 yards and eight scores before he went down in the second to last game of the season vs the Bengals at home. He was also picked for the Pro Bowl for a second time.
For now Miller will stay on the PUP list, and hopefully for he and Steeler Nation, his comeback will be quick enough to get him on the field in time for the opener vs the Titans.
“I try to take each day and make it a positive and keep stacking positive days,” Miller said. “And I know it will be a good outcome whenever that time comes, that I’m ready to go.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on