The Steelers won’t have rookie back Le’Veon Bell vs the Chiefs on Saturday night, but will have newly acquired back Felix Jones, and from all indications, he will get work vs Kansas City.
Jones was brought over to the Steelers on Friday for linebacker Adrian Robinson, and while he’s not a ‘for sure’ for the roster, he will get every chance to make the team.
He’s a former first-round pick of the Cowboys, and spent five seasons with Dallas, starting 23-of-64 games played during the regular season.
For his career, Jones registered 2,728 rushing yards on 569 attempts (4.6 avg.) with 11 touchdowns and 1,062 receiving yards on 127 receptions (8.4 avg.) and three touchdowns.
He also returned 64 kicks for 1,534 yards (24.0 avg.) and one touchdown. Since 2008, Jones is the only player in the NFL to post a 60 yard touchdown run, a 70 yard touchdown reception and a 90 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.
Why Jones will get some work wearing number 23, the team won’t have running back LaRod Stephens-Howling, as he will sit out his 2nd straight preseason game with a knee injury.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on