The Steelers added LB Terence Garvin to the 53-man roster today, placing TE Matt Spaeth on the injured reserve/designated for return list.
The hope is that Spaeth would be back for the Black and Gold by the October 20th game at home vs the rival Ravens.
As for Garvin, he was an undrafted free agent, and played well enough in camp to surprise many and work his way onto the practice squad and onto the 53-man roster.
Garvin played the “spur” linebacker position in West Virginia’s 3-5-5 defensive scheme, but will line up as an OLB with the Steelers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on