The Steelers made a practice squad move today, as the brought back LB Kion Wilson, dumping LB Alan Baxter.
The move is somewhat of a surprise, as Baxter, who was an undrafted rookie who played defensive end at Northern Illinois, was very good in camp for the Steelers this summer.
Wilson actually started after the season-ending injury to Larry Foote, but the team wasn’t getting enough from him, and released him when they brought back Stevenson Sylvester this week.
Practice squad move: Alan Baxter cut; Kion Wilson added.
— Bob Labriola (@BobLabriola) October 11, 2013
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on