The Steelers announced today that tight end Heath Miller has been honored as the clubs 2013 Ed Block Courage Award winner.
The award is given out each season to the player on the team that has fought back from an injury or tough circumstances to return to the field.
Miller has done just that, having a solid season after going down with a knee injury in the teams second to last game of the season December 23rd against the Cincinnati Bengals.
He had surgery, and fought back hard this offseason and during camp to make it back to the active roster after missing the first two games before coming back against the Bears on September 23rd.
This season Miller has 17 grabs for 206 yards with a touchdown.
He will receive the award at the 21st Annual Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. Courage House Luncheon on November 5th at Heinz Field.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on