A nasty looking injury to cornerback Curtis Brown has landed him on the injured reserve the team announced on Tuesday.
Moving Brown to the IR has lead the team to promote cornerback Isaiah Green from the practice squad.
Brown played in seven games this season. He was injured in the third quarter of the Steelers 27-11 win over the Browns in Cleveland Sunday.
Green has spent time on both the Steelers’ practice squad and active roster this season, playing in three games and being inactive for two others.
He had signed with the Bills as a rookie free agent back on August 31st 2012, and has also played with the Colts.
With Green coming to the roster, the team signed cornerback Devin Smith to their practice squad. This will be Smith’s fourth stint on Pittsburgh’s practice squad this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on