A nasty looking injury to cornerback Curtis Brown has landed him on the injured reserve the team announced on Tuesday.
Moving Brown to the IR has lead the team to promote cornerback Isaiah Green from the practice squad.
Brown played in seven games this season. He was injured in the third quarter of the Steelers 27-11 win over the Browns in Cleveland Sunday.
Green has spent time on both the Steelers’ practice squad and active roster this season, playing in three games and being inactive for two others.
He had signed with the Bills as a rookie free agent back on August 31st 2012, and has also played with the Colts.
With Green coming to the roster, the team signed cornerback Devin Smith to their practice squad. This will be Smith’s fourth stint on Pittsburgh’s practice squad this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on