According to reports from the Pittsburgh Steelers organized practices on Wednesday, fullback Will Johnson was forced to leave the field after spraining an ankle. Although he returned wearing a boot, Johnson asserted to Jim Wexell that he will return to practices next week.
Johnson was not utilized as often in the Steelers’ offense in 2013, but has proven to be an effective blocker and able receiver check-down in Todd Haley’s offense. Taking snaps with the first-team offense during OTAs may be a signal that the Steelers could utilize Johnson as a lead blocker, especially on third-down situations.
We will update Johnson’s status as it becomes available.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on