If there’s one player on the Steelers that has had bad times in his personal career, it’s quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Now four years removed from being sat for the first four games of the 2010 season, Big Ben is on the other side, being asked about the issues surrounding just released Ravens running back Ray Rice.
In what sounded more like a prepared statement, Roethlisberger spoke just briefly today when asked about Rice in a conference call with the Baltimore media.
“We pray for him and his wife and his family,” Roethlisberger said.
“The biggest focus is the game on Thursday. That’s really all that we can afford to deal with right now on such a short week and notice. That’s the most important thing for us right now is what we control.”
Rice was released by the Ravens and suspended by the league on Monday after a video was released by TMZ Sports that shows the former running back striking his then-fiancée Janay Palmer. The video shows each hitting the other before Rice knocks Palmer off her feet and into a railing inside an elevator.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on