Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel is still mulling his football future, Scott Brown of ESPN.com reports.
But a freshly shaved Keisel gave a strong indication Wednesday night that he will return for another season if the Steelers want him back.
“I’ve been preparing for when that day comes, and by ‘that day’ I mean the end,” Keisel told reporters at his Shear Da Beard charity event. “But right now I’m under contract and I’m going to rehab and see (how) things turn out.”
Keisel’s 13th NFL season ended in late November when he tore his triceps in the Steelers’ 35-32 loss to the Saints.
The injury and his advanced football age raised questions about whether the 36-year-old Keisel has played his last down for the Steelers.
The Steelers’ change in defensive coordinator from Dick LeBeau to Keith Butler cast more uncertainty on the future of Keisel and a handful of veterans.
Whatever the Steelers decide to do, Keisel seems at peace with what happens next.
“It’s getting close,” he said of retirement. “That’s the way this business goes.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on