March 2, 1982 as the Steelers were coming off a tough AFC Playoff loss to the San Diego Chargers, the Roethlisberger’s were celebrating the birth of the man that would lead the Steelers to championship wins 5 and 6 some 23 and 26 years later.
Yes today is the day of the birthday of Steelers current and one day Hall of Fame QB Ben Roethlisberger. Born in Lima, Ohio, ‘Big Ben’ turns 33 today, and while Steeler Nation still waits for the team to give him a deal that should allow him to retire with the team, today we look back and celebrate some great moments the QB has had with the franchise.
Ben beats the Packers 2009 – Ben hits Mike Wallace on the final play to beat Green Bay in a memorable game at Heinz Field.
Ben to Heath in Dallas – a crazy ‘Ben being Ben’ TD vs the Cowboys
Ben hits AB to burn the Ravens – Ben and Antonio Brown convert a 3rd-and-19 in the playoff showdown in 2010.
Ben gallops for a first down vs the Bills – Roethlisberger uses his feet for a big first down on a 3rd-and-18 vs the Bills
Ben’s 6th TD vs the Colts – Ben’s 6th touchdown pass vs the Colts from this past season, this one to TE Heath Miller
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on