September 1st is approaching fast. For the National Football League that means roster cuts. All 32 NFL teams will need to get down to 75 players. These are the players I would include in first round of cuts.
- Gerod Holliman- I was hoping he would of at least made the practice squad, but his future is not looking bright. To me he looks lost on the field. Maybe he will make another teams roster but not the Steelers whose safety position is pretty deep.
- Brad Wing- He seems to have lost the battle. Jordan Berry seems to have the better leg and can set the ball inside the 20 better. He is the better punter when he doesn’t shank the ball.
- Braylon Heard- His short lived time in Pittsburgh might be over. Heard has 5 carries for -2 yards. Negative yards is never good when trying to win a job.
- Cameron Clear- With only one reception I wouldn’t be surprised to see him released.
- Matt Conrath- The Steelers defensive line is slim but Conrath is not making it better.
- Niko Davis- Another defensive line guy who is not helping the team depth problems. The Steelers will need to keep an eye out for some DL help.
- Reese Dismukes- Another area the team will need to find help at.
- Shayon Green- Only has 8 tackles and 1 forced fumble.
- Ethan Hemer- 3 tackles and 1 sack. Another defensive line guy.
- Joe Okafor- Hasn’t had a tackle at all in the preseason.
- Kelvin Palmer- Short term tackle help.
- Collin Rahrig- He is a versatile player like the Steelers need, but he wont be the one they want.
- Jordan Sullen- After getting Boykin, Sullen became a preseason guy.
- Jarrod West- Hasn’t had a catch this preseason so was mainly just on roster for depth in case of injury.
- Kenzel Doe- was brought in for a return man but it doesn’t seem like he will be returning for the Steelers this year.
This is my opinion on whom the Pittsburgh Steelers should release to get them to 75 players. If they aren’t in these first round of cuts they most likely wont make the 53 man roster.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on