The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen their share of early injuries thus far in 2015. Linebacker Ryan Shazier has worked through a few of his own. On Monday, Shazier returned to practice after missing two games after a stinger (shoulder) sidelined him late in the game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Saying he’s feeling a lot better, Shazier added, “I just want to be back out there with my guys.”
In his first two games of the 2015 regular season, Shazier had 22 tackles, including 16 solo stops, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. The injury came on a tackle, pinching the shoulder in an injury that is both painful and often requires time to relieve the pressure placed on the neck and shoulder that results in stiffness and a lack of range of motion.
It isn’t clear if Shazier will be ready in time for the Steelers’ Monday night showdown with the San Diego Chargers yet, but Shazier is preparing for the eventuality.
“I am going to do whatever I have to do to get back out there with them,” Shazier said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on