The Steelers may be missing running back Le’Veon Bell for the first 4 games of the season due to missing a drug test according to ESPN.
Bell was suspended for two games at the start of 2015 for a drug incident before a preseason game in Philadelphia.
Without Bell, De’Angelo Williams would be the featured back for the Steelers as he was a season ago when Bell was suspended.
NFL.com has more on the suspension:
The Steelers running back is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed of his situation. Specifically, Bell’s suspension is for missing several drug tests. The running back will appeal the four-game ban.
Rapoport added that the Steelers have known for the past several weeks that Bell likely wouldn’t be on the field when the season began.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on