The Steelers may be missing running back Le’Veon Bell for the first 4 games of the season due to missing a drug test according to ESPN.
Bell was suspended for two games at the start of 2015 for a drug incident before a preseason game in Philadelphia.
Without Bell, De’Angelo Williams would be the featured back for the Steelers as he was a season ago when Bell was suspended.
NFL.com has more on the suspension:
The Steelers running back is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed of his situation. Specifically, Bell’s suspension is for missing several drug tests. The running back will appeal the four-game ban.
Rapoport added that the Steelers have known for the past several weeks that Bell likely wouldn’t be on the field when the season began.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on