It’s been a tough year plus for Steelers backup QB Bruce Gradkowski, as he missed all of last season which is why the black and gold inked Michael Vick.
Gradkowski it appears has another major setback he will have to overcome to play again, as reports say he has a sizable hamstring tear, and could miss time putting more of the Steelers backup QB situation in doubt.
ESPN says the injury was suffered during the teams’ preseason loss at Heinz Field to the Lions.
Landry Jones looks like he’s set as Ben Roethlisberger’s backup at QB, but as you know in the NFL, you better have more than two QB’s, as the Steelers found that out last season.
The team could put Gradkowski on injured reserve and go out and find another QB (Vick is available again if they want to go that route) or they could wait and see how bad the injury is and if can bounce back from it.
Dustin Vaughan is another QB that is in camp, but he’s never taken an NFL snap and the team can’t be excited about the prospect of having him have to take the field at anytime with his little track record.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on