With the 2016 Steelers opener one week from tonight, today the black and gold announced their captains for the upcoming season.
On offense it’s no shock as Ben Roethlisberger will again serve in that role. On defense William Gay and Cameron Heyward will serve as captains, and the special teams captain will again be Robert Golden.
All four players have already had time serving as team captain under their belt, so while it’s nothing new, they all know the importance of it.
“Just like the tradition of this team, it’s a humbling honor to be elected by your teammates to be a captain,” Roethlisberger said on Monday.
“To go in the archives with the greats who have played on this team is special.”
Big Ben is no stranger to being in charge of the offense, as this will be his 8th go around as team captain.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on