Monday night in the Nation’s Capital Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams didn’t allow the team to miss a beat without usual starting running back Le’Veon Bell, and for his efforts today he was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for Week One.
All DA did against the Redskins was dominate to the tune of 143 yards on the ground with two scores, and he also pulled in six passes for 28 yards in the 38-16 win.
Both of Williams’ TD’s came in the fourth and final quarter as the Steelers put the game away to get to 1-0 on the season. Williams will get another crack to have a big week for Bell this Sunday as the Steelers host the Bengals.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on