Steelers legend Terry Bradshaw and coach Mike Tomlin won’t be trading Christmas cards anytime soon.
Bradshaw, a guest on Fox Sports 1’s “Speak For Yourself,” took a rather harsh shot on the current Steelers head coach, saying that he’s a “a great cheerleader guy.”
The Steelers coach is a win away from another AFC North Title, and this season reached 100 wins as a head coach, the fastest Steelers coach ever to reach that mark.
That evidently isn’t enough for Bradshaw, who did say he thinks that former coach Bill Cowher is a great coach, but wasn’t as kind to Tomlin.
“I don’t think he’s a great coach at all,” Bradshaw said.
“He’s a nice coach. To me, I’ve said this, he’s really a great cheerleader guy. I don’t know what he does. I don’t think he is a great coach at all. His name never even pops in my mind when we think about great coaches in the NFL.”
Sure Tomlin has had his issues in the last 10 seasons, but let’s give credit where credit is due – he’s never had a losing season with the Steelers, and even when the team has missed the playoffs, every season they are in the mix for playing past week 16.
It would be wise for Bradshaw to amend his comments, but for now, it comes across rather weak for him to not put Tomlin in the mix as one of the great coaches in the NFL.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on