Mother Nature (as it usually does this time of the year) has reared its ugly head, and this time it’s making Sunday’s Steelers playoff game against Kansas City a later start than originally scheduled.
The game, which was at first a 1pm kickoff Sunday, now is going to be like a Sunday Night Football game – meaning an 8:20pm kickoff.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 13, 2017
The Steelers and Chiefs have played a number of times over the year at night, including earlier this season when the Steelers beat up Kansas City at Heinz Field.
The NFL released a statement about the move
“Moving the game from the original 1:05 p.m. ET start time will provide local authorities more time to clear roads in the area as the weather is expected to improve throughout Sunday.
“The decision to make this time change was made in consultation with state and local officials as well as the Chiefs and the Steelers.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on