A 24-hour flu bug has permeated the Steelers locker room and affected several players leading up to Sunday’s AFC Championship Game, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.
Tight end Ladarius Green missed Thursday’s practice with an illness, and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was one of four players to sit out Thursday’s session. Wide receiver Cobi Hamilton said up to 15 people in the Steelers facility have suffered a setback this week.
Running back Le’Veon Bell isn’t sick but missed a practice for personal reasons. Coach Mike Tomlin said the absence would not affect his game preparation.
“I’m just thankful that I’ve stayed out of the line of fire,” said Tomlin about the illnesses. “We’re not making excuses. There won’t be. We’ll be there, we’ll be ready to play, this is just part of normal things that happen over the course of a season”
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on