Ryan Shazier has already gone on record stating that he’s one day planning on playing again – that may or may not happen – just not in the 2018 season.
Wednesday GM Kevin Colbert stated that Shazier has already been ruled out for the next season after he suffered a severe spine injury in December against the Bengals.
“Ryan Shazier won’t play in 2018,” Colbert said at the NFL Combine in Indy. “He knows that, and we know that. We’re going to continue to support him in his recovery.”
The Steelers will continue to support Shazier, as Colbert said that he will be placed on an exemption list.
“He will be part of our team officially, and really unofficially because he’s still with us day-to-day as he rehabs,” Colbert said. “He involves himself in team issues so he can be a formidable member in 2018.”
It will be interesting to see what happens with Shazier after the season, as he’s not under contract for the 2019 season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on