It seems that Steelers players and their patience with running back Le’Veon Bell is over, as after he failed to report on Wednesday to practice as the team gets set to play the Browns Sunday, a number of players on the team railed him for his decision not to be with the team.
More Ramon Foster on Bell: “He’s making 7 times what I make twice as much as Al (Villanueva) is making and we’re the guys who do it for him.”
— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) September 5, 2018
Foster might have been the most outspoken when it comes to players that went after Bell, but then again he’s right in the fact that they have done a lot for Bell in the last few years, and they feel betrayed that one of their biggest playmakers on offense didn’t show up.
Ben Roethlisberger said today his offensive line is more important than @LeVeonBell. Then he added they're more important than "any skill player, including myself."
— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) September 5, 2018
One veteran Steeler told me players waited a day to criticize Bell to give him a chance to come in Wednesday but "he f—ed us."
— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) September 5, 2018
For now, it’s James Conner who will be the starter Sunday in Cleveland, and it does not appear it’s going to change anytime soon.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on