The Steelers run game was downright awful last week against the Rams, but that part of their offense should get a boost Thursday night as James Conner appears that he will be back for the offense.
NFL.com reports that Conner is off the team’s injury report, meaning that he will be in the starting lineup taking the place of Jaylen Samuels, who started the last two weeks with Conner on the shelf with his shoulder injury.
The run game last week was non-existant, with Samuels leading the team with 29 yards on 14 carries. Overall the team ran for just 42 yards, averaging 1.6 yards per carry.
Conner has run well against the Browns, rushing for 281 yards and four touchdowns in two games against the Browns in 2018.
Ryan Switzer (back), running back Benny Snell (knee) and fullback Roosevelt Nix (knee), will all miss the game for the Steelers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on