It’s the news that Steelers fans have been on the edge of their seats about, but the day prior to Labor Day 2020, the team finally got the deal done.
Cameron Heyward, one of the best players on the team’s defense, is sticking around, inking Sunday night a five-year deal that will keep him in black and gold through the 2024 season.
Heyward said Sunday that: ‘Pittsburgh is where I belong,’ a clear indication that he never wanted to go anywhere else.
HERE. WE. GOOOOOOOOOOO!
We’re excited that you’re staying in Pittsburgh with a new 5-year deal through 2024! https://t.co/INw9uIcE4J
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 7, 2020
To say getting the deal done for the Steelers is important is an understatement. The team needed to get Heyward under contract to avoid the question all season long if he was going to be back in 2021 or not.
He had a huge 2019 for the Steelers, as he was a first-team AP All-Pro selection for the second time in his career.
How good was he last season? How about nine sacks, 22 quarterback hits, 11 tackles for a loss and six passes defended while leading all NFL defensive linemen with 83 tackles.
Breathe easy Steeler Nation, your defensive captain is sticking around for a long time to come.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on