I know that rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons really needs to be on the field to learn the Steelers system and what not, but I like the decision by Mike Tomlin to sit him this week at camp to rest his injured groin. Timmons tried to practice this week, but the coach said “no” as he wants his first draft choice to be ready to go when the team starts training camp next month. Good move for Tomlin. The last thing the Steelers need to start 2007 is a rookie linebacker sitting on the sidelines with a bum groin injury.
Let’s hope that Timmons is as close to 100 percent as he can possibly be by the time camp starts. He needs to be rocking and rolling when the season starts, as the Steelers need him. Timmons also needs to get a contract done first, and make sure he dosen’t miss any time with a stupid holdout. “I think if you did a study on people who missed parts of training camp during their rookie year, the result would not be good and I think he knows that. Not only him, but everybody,” Tomlin said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on