Sources close to the negotiations with Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu tell the Pittsburgh “Post-Gazette” that a deal is close enough that Polamalu could be signed before training camp opens Monday. Polamalu is entering the final year of his five-year contract and the new deal will place him among the top-earning players on the team. Polamalu has admitted he would prefer playing with a West Coast team once his current contract ends. Polamalu became a starter just a year after he was drafted in the first round in 2003. The deal would make linebacker Clark Haggans and fullback Dan Kreider as the only two starters who are entering the final year of their contracts.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on