Sources close to the negotiations with Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu tell the Pittsburgh “Post-Gazette” that a deal is close enough that Polamalu could be signed before training camp opens Monday. Polamalu is entering the final year of his five-year contract and the new deal will place him among the top-earning players on the team. Polamalu has admitted he would prefer playing with a West Coast team once his current contract ends. Polamalu became a starter just a year after he was drafted in the first round in 2003. The deal would make linebacker Clark Haggans and fullback Dan Kreider as the only two starters who are entering the final year of their contracts.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on