As if this was ever in doubt, the Steelers are thankfully NOT going to mess with the backup quarterback position as they are not going to sign former Saints and Raiders QB Aaron Brooks. The inconsistent QB was in town for a visit, and there were some rumors that he would be joining the team and battling with current solid backup QB Charlie Batch. Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said that the visit for Brooks was “exploratory” for both sides. “Our roster,” Colbert said, “is set for now.”
This is good news, as when the news broke that Brooks was in town I felt that the team was clearly messing with a position on the team that did not have to be screwed around with. Charlie Batch for the past few seasons has always done everything that he has been called upon to do. Brooks would have to come in, learn the system, and basically rebuild his confidence since he was shelled and then injured in Oakland last season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on