Talk about early season pressure, all Steelers kicker Jeff Reed had to do was make a 42-yard field goal yesterday and he and the rest of the Steelers players could take off practice early. Reed’s successful kick gave the Steelers a 30-minute early dismissal from the afternoon workout under 90-degree heat. Rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons missed workouts for the fifth straight day with his groin injury and it is not known when he will return. Rookie offensive lineman Darnell Singleton, linebacker James Harrison and first-year linebacker Derek Rehage also missed practice with injuries. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin gave veterans Willie Parker, Travis Kirschke and Chris Hoke the day off.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on