Steelers wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Willie Reid are back in familiar ground, returning kicks. Defensive back Ricardo Colclough was taken off kicks after a dropped punt in a home loss to Cincinnati last season. Reid still hold the Florida State record for average yards per punt return and took three punts back for touchdown for the Seminoles in 2005. Reid sat out the first three games for the Steelers last season and suffered a season-ending foot injury in the fourth game. Homes averaged just over ten yards per return as a rookie last season and scored one touchdown.
The Steelers made some roster moves yesterday, releasing first-year safety Harrison Smith and claiming linebacker Marquis Cooper from Seattle. Rookie wide receiver Chris Jackson was released and first-year wide receiver Gerran Walker was re-signed. The Steelers released Walker four days before the start of training camp.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on