Knee problems may force Steelers running back Willie Parker to miss the remainder of practice this week, and he will definitely sit out Sunday night’s pre-season opener against New Orleans. Parker sat out practice for a second straight day yesterday with fluid buildup on his knee, but the Steelers are taking extra precautions to ensure he is not hurt any further. Linebacker James Harrison also sat out yesterday’s sessions and said he will also miss Sunday’s game. Harrison is nursing a rib injury, and it appears that rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons will join them as he continues to miss practice with a groin injury. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says he may also use backup quarterbacks Brian St. Pierre and Bryan Randall more then veterans Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch against the Saints.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on