Knee problems may force Steelers running back Willie Parker to miss the remainder of practice this week, and he will definitely sit out Sunday night’s pre-season opener against New Orleans. Parker sat out practice for a second straight day yesterday with fluid buildup on his knee, but the Steelers are taking extra precautions to ensure he is not hurt any further. Linebacker James Harrison also sat out yesterday’s sessions and said he will also miss Sunday’s game. Harrison is nursing a rib injury, and it appears that rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons will join them as he continues to miss practice with a groin injury. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says he may also use backup quarterbacks Brian St. Pierre and Bryan Randall more then veterans Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch against the Saints.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on