Golfing legend and Latrobe native Arnold Palmer will be on hand to officially dedicate the new Saint Vincent College football field in honor of a former Steelers coach. The football stadium will today become Chuck Noll Field in honor of the man who spent 23 summers at Saint Vincent in camp with the Steelers. The Steelers have called Saint Vincent their summer home since 1966 when Bill Austin was the head coach. Steelers team president Art Rooney and Saint Vincent archabbot Douglas Nowicki will be part of the ceremony today at 4:55 p.m., followed by a public practice session for the Steelers. The new stadium will host the return of collegiate football to Saint Vincent this fall for the first time since 1962.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on