Steelers first round draft choice Lawrence Timmons went to Philadelphia yesterday and got a second opinion on his groin injury from Doctor William Myers. Timmons was told that the injury is not as serious as first diagnosed and received an injection to reduce the inflammation. That will allow Timmons to return to the practice field as early as possibly Monday. Timmons re-injured the groin on the third day of workouts at Latrobe, and missed all of minicamp and the summer work sessions. Myers told Timmons that the injury is nothing more than an inflamed groin and there is no evidence of a tear or hernia to the area. Timmons will work with Steelers trainer John Norwig before any decision on when Timmons will practice again.
On a better note, running back Willie Parker participated in workouts for the first time yesterday since injuring his left knee 10 days ago. Despite working out, Parker will still sit out tomorrow night’s pre-season game with Green Bay at Heinz Field. Parker took part in light drills but says he is in no hurry to get back on the field because he does not want to aggravate the knee. Najay Davenport will again get the start at running back over Parker. Guard Alan Faneca will also miss the Packers contest with a shoulder injury and will be replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Kemoeatu (Kee-MOH-ah-TOO). James Harrison may see action despite a rib injury and Chukky Okobi may see time at center although Sean Mahan will get the start.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on