Steelers rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons will get a second opinion from a Philadelphia doctor today on his injured groin muscle that has caused him to miss all but three days of workouts since he was drafted in April. Timmons was hurt on the second day of mini-camp in April and then re-injured it three days into camp at Latrobe. Coach Mike Tomlin says Timmons should be back at camp by tomorrow. Running back Willie Parker and guard Alan Faneca are facing some extended time off with injuries of their own. Parker has missed the last 12 days with a left knee injury and Faneca left Sunday’s win over New Orleans with a shoulder injury. Both could sit out Saturday night’s pre-season clash with Green Bay at Heinz Field. Meanwhile, starting linebackers Larry Foote and James Harrison both returned to workouts. Harrison missed a week with a rib injury and Foote was recovering from a sprained ankle.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on