Steelers rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons will get a second opinion from a Philadelphia doctor today on his injured groin muscle that has caused him to miss all but three days of workouts since he was drafted in April. Timmons was hurt on the second day of mini-camp in April and then re-injured it three days into camp at Latrobe. Coach Mike Tomlin says Timmons should be back at camp by tomorrow. Running back Willie Parker and guard Alan Faneca are facing some extended time off with injuries of their own. Parker has missed the last 12 days with a left knee injury and Faneca left Sunday’s win over New Orleans with a shoulder injury. Both could sit out Saturday night’s pre-season clash with Green Bay at Heinz Field. Meanwhile, starting linebackers Larry Foote and James Harrison both returned to workouts. Harrison missed a week with a rib injury and Foote was recovering from a sprained ankle.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on