Monday the Steelers named their four 2007 team captians. They choose one for offense, defense, and two for special teams. Linebacker James Farrior was named as the defensive team captain for the fourth straight season. Wide out Hines Ward gets the nod on offense. He is the offensive team captain for the third straight year. On special teams, the nods go to LB Clint Kriewaldt and LB James Harrison. Kriewaldt is the co-captain for special teams for the fourth straight season, and Harrison gets the nod for the first time.
Last season on offense, the team had two captains, with Ward being a co-captain with guard Alan Faneca. This season with the high profile back and forth that Faneca did with the team, he was not made a captain, and said that he would not feel right if given the option to be captain, considering he has stated numerous times that he would not be back with the team in 2008. Faneca had been an offensive co-captain for the last three seasons dating back to 2004.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on