As was expected for all of this week, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, who did not practice at all yesterday, will not play against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, according to Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. Nate Washington will probably replace Ward at flanker with Cedric Wilson in the slot.
This is only the fourth game that Ward, a 10-year veteran, has missed in his career. Ward told Bob Smizik, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette regarding his unavailability against the Cardinals, “You’ve got to be smart. With the guys that we’ve got, there’s no need for me to try and rush back. I’ve got confidence in the guys that are playing. I’ve got to look at the big picture. I don’t want to have an on-going knee injury all year. This game means a lot but still you have to look at the big picture.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on