Looks like the bye is coming at the perfect time for the Steelers, as their four injured starters all look like they will be back for the teams next game – at Denver on October 21st. Wide receivers Hines Ward (knee sprain) and Santonio Holmes (hamstring), nose tackle Casey Hampton (hamstring), safety Troy Polamalu (torn rib cartilage) all are going to take full advantage of the bye and rest up and hopefully be on the field that Sunday night according to head coach Mike Tomlin. “We’ll see,” Tomlin said. “We have a lot of time, which is good. Hopefully we will take advantage of it, in terms of getting healthy.”
Also hoping to be back is No. 3 cornerback Bryant McFadden, who has a high ankle sprain, but he may be the one player that takes longer to return. Of couse the Steelers did such a good job without those players Sunday vs the Seahawks, not many recall that they missed the game. McFadden’s spot may be the most critical when it comes to nickel and dime defenses, but Sunday rookie William Gay did a solid job in filling that role, giving confidence he can do it again if need be vs Denver.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on